May 27, 2012
Inside the Big Donor-Advised Funds
National Christian Foundation
Assets and Giving in 2011
Total assets of all donor-advised funds at the organization: $1.43-billion (+8.6% change from 2010)
Total amount donors contributed to their funds: $660.6-million (+8.6%)
Total sum donors channeled to charity from their funds: $505.2-million (+28.9%)
Number of funds: 9,698 (+12.5%)
About the Organization’s Funds
Average amount in each fund: $147,680 (-1.9%)
Minimum amount a donor must supply to open a fund: $10,000
Minimum a donor must give each time he or she adds to the fund: No minimum
Fees: Variable percentage based on fund balance; details not reported.
Contributions to Charities
Accepts grant applications: No
Grant recipients*, a sampling:
- St. Labre Indian School, Ashland, Mt. -- $250
- New Life Christian Fellowship, Jacksonville, Fla. -- $100,000
- Samaritan’s Purse, Boone, N.C. -- $2.2-million
- Junior Achievement of Delaware, Wilmington, Del. -- $1,000
- Denver Leadership Foundation, Denver, Colo. -- $22,000
*Grants listed were made in 2010.
To see a full list of all contributions: A list of grants is included on the organization's IRS form 990.