Every fundraiser needs a little advice now and then to deal with a vexing problem.
Perhaps you’re grappling with lackluster returns from a fundraising gala or a walkathon. Or you’re wondering how to jumpstart donations to the annual fund. Maybe your career has stalled or you can’t figure out how to handle a difficult situation involving a donor or board member.
Now you can ask a top fundraising expert how to handle the situation, and The Chronicle will share the answers with all of our readers
To pose a question, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure you include enough information, such as the type of organization you work for and its size, for the expert give you the best answer. Including your telephone number is also a good idea in case something needs to be clarified. Let us know if you’d like us to keep your name or the identity of your group confidential.
Following is a partial list of some fundraisers who’ve agreed to answer your questions in their area of expertise.
• Tom Ahern, nonprofit communications consultant
• Kent Dove, fundraising consultant and author
• Lori O’Brien, direct-marketing expert
• Jeffrey Lindauer, annual-fund expert
• Ron Schiller, executive recruiter
• Robert Sharpe, planned-giving consultant
• Carol Weisman, board-development consultant
We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
Send an e-mail to Holly Hall.