- University of Baltimore
- November 19, 2012
- $40,000 to $44,000 USD
- Donor relations, Major gifts
- Employment Level:
University of Baltimore
Vacancy Number: 300277
Regular exempt position with full benefits package
Documents must be received by: 12/3/2012
Annual Salary: $40,000 - $44,000
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Major Gifts (AVP) the Development Coordinator is an experienced development professional and member of the Institutional Advancement team at the University of Baltimore. The Development Coordinator participates in the development and implementation of major gift and campaign programs; plans and executes related activities and some administrative functions, and will assist the AVP in major gift and campaign related tasks with volunteers, donors, alumni, faculty, staff administration, and students, adhering to deadlines and schedules. Duties include:
- Participates in campaign planning and implementation coordinates meetings, prepares materials, drafts reports, manages deadlines and confidential information
- Plans and manages events, meetings and activities to recruit volunteers, build relationships with alumni and friends, and maintain good will with various constituent groups.
- Manages all follow up activities from committee and task force meetings and events with high level volunteers and donors; responds to volunteer and donor requests.
- Works with the Associate Director of Donor Relations to develop and prepare newsletters, brochures, reports, correspondence and informational and solicitation materials for major gift and campaign activities
- Develop comprehensive understanding of the major gifts team which includes recognizing the names of major gift prospects, review donor records for accuracy, and create or edit call reports
- Provides support to the AVP in qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship process for potential and current donors
- Executes various administrative functions such as preparing and monitoring budgets and invoices
- Attend occasional events and meetings on evenings and weekends
- Bachelors degree or equivalent professional experience required
- Three years of experience in a development or institutional advancement setting with knowledge of basic fundraising principles preferred
- Excellent computer skills especially in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience with Blackbauds Raisers Edge a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills for effective interaction with volunteers, donors, and UB staff
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills attention to detail is essential
- Ability to take initiative and exercise good judgment, meet deadlines, respond promptly to requests, follow through on initiatives, and manage the demands of multiple projects
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information essential
- Excellent customer service focus and skills, should possess high energy, willingness to learn and be a team player.
TO APPLY: Include your Vacancy Number on all documents. Electronic submission is expected. Submit PDF or Word files with your cover letter, resume, two writing samples, and three references. Visit http://www.ubalt.edu/hr to review application instructions and then apply.
UB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution.