Search Jobs by Cause
Awareness campaigns can be a distraction from the work of a charity—without much of a payoff in the long term.
- 3-Day March Aims to Raise $1-Million for Nonprofit-Power Movement
- Curbs on Social-Welfare Groups Would Rob Citizens of a Voice
The Denver Center Theatre Company used a foundation grant to create a successful program that uses texting, video, and gaming devices to attract young people.
- Innovation in the Arts Helps Spark Detroit’s Revival
- A Humanitarian Career Leads to the Top Job at a War Museum
A new study finds young people are far more inclined to give to causes other than their alma mater.
- Foundations’ Efforts to Educate the Very Young Make Headway
- Google Awards Grants in Bay Area
The university’s popular bird site has doubled donations by getting savvier about collecting contact information.
- Volunteer Divers Scour the Ocean to Remove Old Nets That Kill Fish
- Bird-Watching Program Aids Dementia Patients
The donation from Gerald and Ronnie Chan shows growing interest in finding advanced techniques to help reduce the risks that make people sick.
- After Windfall, ALS Group Grapples With 2.4-Million Donor Dilemma
- Hospital Fundraiser Knows Institution Inside Out to Help Donors Connect
New groups in Africa, Asia, Canada, and Great Britain are already working on campaigns in literacy and other areas.
- Founder of For-Profit Lighting Company Wins $100,000 Bronfman Prize
- Donors Hope Big Gifts Will Ease U.S.-China Tensions
David King will draw on experiences as an academic and in the pulpit.
- Former Diplomat to Seek More Partnerships as Head of Lutheran World Relief
- Nonprofit Leaders Split Over Bid to End Ban on Politicking
Her salary at Points of Light and the organization’s grant making come under scrutiny.
- Social-Service Group Finds Ways for Donors to Give in Hard Times
- New Books Offer Tips for Data-Driven Fundraising; a Nun’s Tales of Activism
No identifying information is included, but academics hope they can use the data to help others struggling with problems like bullying and depression.
- Lenfests Plan to Donate Fortune
- Boy Scouts Braces for Backlash