Search Jobs by Cause
Banning certain nonprofits from engaging in political activity, as some lawmakers are proposing in the wake of the IRS flap, would hurt advocacy organizations.
- Charity Went From Deficits to Doubled Revenue in 5 Years
- New Executive Director Promotes Life-and-Death Conversations
The Denver Center Theatre Company used a foundation grant to create a successful program that uses texting, video, and gaming devices to attract young people.
- Innovation in the Arts Helps Spark Detroit’s Revival
- A Humanitarian Career Leads to the Top Job at a War Museum
Four nonprofits have won $500,000 each in the company’s Impact Challenge.
- Nonprofit Boosts Kids’ Math and Reading Skills Over the Summer
- $50-Million Pledged to Aid Low-Income Students
The work can be so challenging that the organizers require almost military-like precision from those who take part.
- Bird-Watching Program Aids Dementia Patients
- Not All Charities Win in $4.5-Billion BP Settlement
A late businessman’s foundation helps people with multiple health struggles.
- Film Producer Gives $10-Million to Research on Kids’ Sports Concussions
- Many of the Biggest Donors Keep a Low Profile
Sam Goldman’s social enterprise has reached 33 million people in 62 countries.
- Donors Hope Big Gifts Will Ease U.S.-China Tensions
- As Ted Turner’s $1-Billion Pledge Ends, U.N. Fund Builds New Relationships
Daniel Speckhard plans to double the nonprofit’s budget in the next eight years, in part by working more closely with businesses.
- Nonprofit Leaders Split Over Bid to End Ban on Politicking
- Former High-Flying Executive to Lead Small Religious Charity
Nonprofits get advice on how to hire people who can analyze information and get inspiration from a proven advocate.
- Middletons Focus on Homelessness
- New Salvation Army CEO Confronts Stretched Resources
Gerry and Marguerite Lenfest are shifting their focus to helping needy urban youths as they figure out how to donate the rest of their big philanthropic commitment.
- Boy Scouts Braces for Backlash
- Portrait of Girl Scouts Turmoil Doesn’t Reflect Charity’s Strength