The Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation raced to make a grant for a scientific expedition that would have been pointless if not undertaken right away. The experience provides a...
- Giving for Japan Disaster Tops $246.9-Million
- U.S. Donors Give More than $87-Million for Japan Disaster
- Response to Disaster Lags Other Recent Catastrophes
- U.S. Charities Raise $64-Million for Japan Relief
- Donors Give More than $47-Million for Japan Relief Efforts
- Giving for Japan Disaster Totals at Least $24-Million
- Japan Catastrophe Tops Twitter Topics in Popularity
- American Red Cross Waits for Request From Japanese Counterpart
- Many U.S. Charities Waiting for Requests to Aid Japan
It’s natural to want to give immediately to Japan’s recovery effort. But here’s why you should hold off.
An expert in international aid offers tips to donors who want to help those affected by natural disasters.