The Chronicle publishes Philanthropy Today, a daily e-mail newsletter that wraps up the day's top news and information, and Philanthropy This Week, a weekly summary of all the important news events from the nonprofit world. All recipients of The Chronicle's e-mail newsletters have requested to receive them, so you can be assured that your ad will be seen by active, interested readers. Your organization's advertisement will appear in a prominent position, giving added attention to your message. Visit the links below for more detailed information.
Delivered free to readers each weekday afternoon, Philanthropy Today condenses the day's latest developments in the nonprofit world into a quick, easy-to-read news briefing.
• Weekday Afternoons
• More than 70,000 subscribers
• Download Informational PDF
A weekly summary of all the important news events from the nonprofit world. Mails every Tuesday morning, and 18 times a year includes a bonus preview of the news articles published in our latest print edition.
• Tuesday Mornings
• More than 50,000 subscribers
• Download Informational PDF
$2,300 Flat Rate (primary position) 300 x 250 square banner
$2,300 Flat Rate (Text Ad 1)
$2,300 Flat Rate (Text Ad 2)
Philanthropy This Week:
$2,000 Flat Rate
*Buy 5 insertions and recieve a 20% discount.
|Creative Size||Accepted File Formats||GIF/JPEG Size||Animation length:||Loops in animation:|
|300 x 250||.gif, .jpeg, animated gif||39K||15 seconds||3 loops|
|• All creative with a white background must have a 1x1 black pixel border.
• Please note that ads submitted in animated .gif format may not render properly in Microsoft Outlook 2007. Outlook 2007 displays the first frame of the .gif as a static image. To ensure that your entire message is visible to all our subscribers, you may choose to submit a static banner or create an animated file in which the first frame works as a static image.
For Text ads, submit 25 words or less, and a click-through URL.
Creative deadline: 5 business days prior to campaign start date
If The Chronicle will be trafficking the e-mail newsletter ad, advertiser must submit the image file (static .jpeg, .gif) along with a live click-through URL with tracking code (optional).
Third-party ad trafficking
We gladly accept tags from third-party ad servers. Below are the specifications for e-mail newsletter tags.
Advertisers may choose to:
* Submit an image file (static, .jpeg, .gif) along with a third-party served click-through URL for tracking.
Advertisers who choose not to traffic ads through a third party service are encouraged to submit unique tracking URL's or add tracking codes to existing click-through URL's. The Chronicle does not provide tracking for ads in the e-mail newsletters. For information on how to implement a tracking URL for your company, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call the display advertising department at (202) 466-1080.