New technology is formalizing and making easier the process of uncovering hidden connections between the charity’s network and prospective donors.
The Philanthropy 400
Giving to the nation’s biggest and most popular charities grew by more than 10 percent last year, fueled largely by affluent donors who are reordering the top ranks of America’s nonprofits.
- Read a free summary of the special report, search the full list to see details about specific organizations, see which charities' donations grew and dropped the most last year, and see which groups are new to the list this year.
$1-Million for Violence Victims
Among the 10 new grants posted today: $1-million from the Allstate Foundation to 14 nonprofits to help victims of domestic violence with their finances. Search The Chronicle's database of more than 38,000 grants.
Search Grant Deadlines
Social workers, lawyers, and others prepare for a "long haul" in assisting newly arrived children fleeing violence in Central America.
- Gifts to Donor-Advised Funds Grew 24% in 2013, According to a Study
- Miley Cyrus Raises More Than $200,000 for Small Nonprofit
- Disaster Response Needs More Cooperation Between Nonprofits, Regulators
- Fundraisers Upbeat About 2014, but Staffs Are Stretched Thin
Ideas & Advice
Three lessons every nonprofit can learn from having people act out their experiences with social problems and work toward solutions.
- New Capital Campaigns: a Sampling
- Billion-Dollar Campaigns Roar Back
- Uber Delivers On-Demand Kittens in Furry Fundraiser
- Creators of Pumpkin-Themed ‘Smash Diabetes’ Campaign Bemoan Timing