The 2013 Philanthropy 400
America's 400 largest nonprofits increased donations just 4 percent last year and say they expect 2013 to be flat, a Chronicle study finds.
- The Battle for No. 1 Charity Heats Up
- Charities Whose Donations Grew and Dropped the Most in 2012
$75,000 for Women Veterans
Among the 10 new grants posted today: $75,000 from the New York Women's Foundation to the Service Women's Action Network to help female military veterans who are facing discrimination or violence and to provide fellowships to women veterans to advocate for change in New York. Search The Chronicle's database of more than 38,000 grants.
Search Grant Deadlines
As a visiting scholar, he will develop a community-foundations syllabus and serve as guest lecturer.
- Chart: Gifts From Ice-Bucket Challenge Exceed $100-Million
- Everybody's Talking About the Ice-Bucket Challenge
- 3-Day March Aims to Raise $1-Million for Nonprofit-Power Movement
- Videos and Lessons From $16-Million "Ice-Bucket" Fundraising Phenomenon
Ideas & Advice
In the final Storytelling Summer post, two questions on how people tell and consume stories now—and why a strong story transcends medium.
- How the Ice-Bucket Challenge Is Helping to Rebrand a Mission
- Navigating Privacy and Other Issues for Ethical Storytelling
- Are You Really Telling Stories?
- Cornell Lab Gives Bird Lovers Free Tools— in Exchange for Their Email Addresses