Charities of all kinds have a lot to learn about storytelling from the Global Press Institute, which trains local women reporters, then publishes and syndicates their stories.
The Philanthropy 400
Giving to the nation’s biggest and most popular charities grew by more than 10 percent last year, fueled largely by affluent donors who are reordering the top ranks of America’s nonprofits.
- Read a free summary of the special report, search the full list to see details about specific organizations, see which charities' donations grew and dropped the most last year, and see which groups are new to the list this year.
$7.5-Million for Health Programs
Among the 10 new grants posted today: $7.5-million from the LifeShare Foundation to the Community Foundation of Lorain County to increase its grant making for health and wellness programs. Search The Chronicle's database of more than 38,000 grants.
Search Grant Deadlines
Games Done Quick, an event where participants try to complete their favorite games as fast as possible, has drawn donor and corporate support to the Prevent Cancer...
- 5 Nonprofits Seeking New Leaders in 2015
- Lessons From Year-End Giving: Tips for 2015
- How Charities Will Raise Money in 2015
- Ore. and Ohio State Fundraising Teams Face Off
Ideas & Advice
Four marijuana-friendly events generated $250,000 for the Denver-based performing-arts organization, but few nonprofits are following suit.
- The Hottest Fundraising Tactics and Trends of the Last Year
- Best Advice and Trends for Making Donors Happy
- Network for Good Charts 13% Leap in Year-End Charity Donations
- Social-Service Groups Try Creative Holiday-Season Fundraising Tactics