The 2013 Philanthropy 400
America's 400 largest nonprofits increased donations just 4 percent last year and say they expect 2013 to be flat, a Chronicle study finds.
- The Battle for No. 1 Charity Heats Up
- Charities Whose Donations Grew and Dropped the Most in 2012
$25,000 to Help Mothers
Among the 10 new grants posted today: $25,000 from the Boston Foundation to La Alianza Hispana for a home-visiting program to help mothers better care for their children. Search The Chronicle's database of more than 38,000 grants.
Search Grant Deadlines
Star power may result in an additional $50,000 from wealthy donors for My Friend’s Place in Hollywood, which serves homeless youths.
- Disaster Response Needs More Cooperation Between Nonprofits, Regulators
- Fundraisers Upbeat About 2014, but Staffs Are Stretched Thin
- North Texas Giving Day Nets $26.3-Million in Online Charity Bazaar
- ‘Curious Chameleons’ Make the Best Major-Gift Officers, New Study Says
Ideas & Advice
Watch the winners of TechSoup's nonprofit video contest.
- Savvy Use of Social Media Helps Propel Rapid Growth for Giving Tuesday
- Lessons in Nonprofit Storytelling From a Live Performance
- Turning Tweets Into Gifts: A Q&A With TinyGive's Co-Founder
- Colleges Are Inventing New Ways to Attract Recent Graduates to Donate