The 2013 Philanthropy 400
America's 400 largest nonprofits increased donations just 4 percent last year and say they expect 2013 to be flat, a Chronicle study finds.
- The Battle for No. 1 Charity Heats Up
- Charities Whose Donations Grew and Dropped the Most in 2012
$3-Million for Science Education
Among the 10 new grants posted today: $3-million from the Lilly Endowment to Children's Museum of Indianapolis for an exhibition on science and space exploration. Search The Chronicle's database of more than 38,000 grants.
Search Grant Deadlines
Some say it's "awesome," and some say there's a disconnect between the frivolous event and the frightening disease it's raising money to fight.
- 3-Day March Aims to Raise $1-Million for Nonprofit-Power Movement
- Videos and Lessons From $16-Million "Ice-Bucket" Fundraising Phenomenon
- Hospital Fundraiser Knows Institution Inside Out to Help Donors Connect
- How Top Fundraisers Succeed: Thank Donors in Meaningful Ways
Ideas & Advice
Advice for protecting the people you serve while telling their stories and determining who "controls" a story.
- Are You Really Telling Stories?
- Cornell Lab Gives Bird Lovers Free Tools— in Exchange for Their Email Addresses
- Contest and Big Giveaway Draw In Possible Donors
- International Aid Group Uses Niche Prize to Woo Support