As a growing number of baby boomers reach their 60s, nonprofits are putting more energy into soliciting bequests and other similar donations.
The 2013 Philanthropy 400
America's 400 largest nonprofits increased donations just 4 percent last year and say they expect 2013 to be flat, a Chronicle study finds.
- The Battle for No. 1 Charity Heats Up
- Charities Whose Donations Grew and Dropped the Most in 2012
$300,000 for Women Veterans
Search Grant Deadlines
Researchers said they were surprised at how much foundation leaders saw external factors as the greatest barriers to their effectiveness in solving social problems.
- Giving Tuesday Doubled Donations in 2nd Year
- Giving Tuesday Shows Robust Results
- A Big Donor Volunteers to Give Back Naming Rights to Help Fundraising
- 'Giving Tuesday' Live Blog: Get News and Share Updates
Ideas & Advice
Veteran fundraisers explain how to seek bequests and other similar gifts.
- Baltimore Gears Up for 'Giving Tuesday’ With a Grass-Roots Campaign
- A Hospital’s Policy on Donor Research
- How Researchers Can Rebuff Odd Requests: Tips From Experts
- Inappropriate Requests Put Donor Researchers in a Tough Spot