New technology is formalizing and making easier the process of uncovering hidden connections between the charity’s network and prospective donors.
The Philanthropy 400
Giving to the nation’s biggest and most popular charities grew by more than 10 percent last year, fueled largely by affluent donors who are reordering the top ranks of America’s nonprofits.
- Read a free summary of the special report, search the full list to see details about specific organizations, see which charities' donations grew and dropped the most last year, and see which groups are new to the list this year.
$121,000 for Video Series
Among the 10 new grants posted today: $121,000 from the Fund for Shared Insight to Exponent Philanthropy to produce a video series in which foundation leaders share successes, failures, and lessons learned. Search The Chronicle's database of more than 38,000 grants.
Search Grant Deadlines
Savers LLC, a for-profit thrift store chain that works with charities to collect used items for resale, regularly fails to let donors know how much of their gift goes to...
- Even as Border Crossings Slow, Work for Nonprofits Ramps Up
- Gifts to Donor-Advised Funds Grew 24% in 2013, According to a Study
- Miley Cyrus Raises More Than $200,000 for Small Nonprofit
- Disaster Response Needs More Cooperation Between Nonprofits, Regulators
Ideas & Advice
Covenant House’s expanding marquee event raises funds and helps find employment for the 1,900 young people in 27 cities the organization shelters every night.
- On Social Media, Personal Ties Are Central to Charitable Giving
- The Power of ‘Theatre of the Oppressed’
- New Capital Campaigns: a Sampling
- Billion-Dollar Campaigns Roar Back