The 2013 Philanthropy 400
America's 400 largest nonprofits increased donations just 4 percent last year and say they expect 2013 to be flat, a Chronicle study finds.
- The Battle for No. 1 Charity Heats Up
- Charities Whose Donations Grew and Dropped the Most in 2012
$10-Million for Paid Internships
Among the 10 new grants posted today: $10-million from the Yawkey Foundations to Boston University to start a paid nonprofit internship program. Search The Chronicle's database of more than 38,000 grants.
Search Grant Deadlines
The organization is the largest yet to accept gifts in the digital currency.
- 7 Nonprofits to Test Using Twitter 'Buy' Button for Fundraising
- Balancing Attention vs. Action: Tips for Charities
- Appeals to Change Behavior Work Better When They Are Tied to People’s Values
- Finding the Next Ice Bucket
Ideas & Advice
The tweet-to-give platform has signed up 150 nonprofits this year, and Clarence Wardell believes it can capture youth activism.
- Colleges Are Inventing New Ways to Attract Recent Graduates to Donate
- Technology, Imagination, and Organizing With Storytelling
- How the Ice-Bucket Challenge Is Helping to Rebrand a Mission
- Navigating Privacy and Other Issues for Ethical Storytelling