The 2013 Philanthropy 400
America's 400 largest nonprofits increased donations just 4 percent last year and say they expect 2013 to be flat, a Chronicle study finds.
- The Battle for No. 1 Charity Heats Up
- Charities Whose Donations Grew and Dropped the Most in 2012
$125-Million for Road Safety
Among the 10 new grants posted today: $125-million from Bloomberg Philanthropies to improve road safety around the world. Search The Chronicle's database of more than 38,000 grants.
Search Grant Deadlines
Local media coverage, parallel fundraising events, and a tool kit with sample letters and tweets helped make the event a big success.
- ‘Curious Chameleons’ Make the Best Major-Gift Officers, New Study Says
- Inside a Crowdfunding Site: LoveAnimals.org
- Legal Experts Weigh Regulations Best Suited to Crowdfunding Sites
- Inside a Crowdfunding Site: Indiegogo
Ideas & Advice
The tweet-to-give platform has signed up 150 nonprofits this year, and Clarence Wardell believes it can capture youth activism.
- Colleges Are Inventing New Ways to Attract Recent Graduates to Donate
- Technology, Imagination, and Organizing With Storytelling
- How the Ice-Bucket Challenge Is Helping to Rebrand a Mission
- Navigating Privacy and Other Issues for Ethical Storytelling