The 2013 Philanthropy 400
America's 400 largest nonprofits increased donations just 4 percent last year and say they expect 2013 to be flat, a Chronicle study finds.
- The Battle for No. 1 Charity Heats Up
- Charities Whose Donations Grew and Dropped the Most in 2012
$25,000 for Sub-Saharan Africa
Among the 10 new grants posted today: $25,000 from FedEx to Project Hope to improve health and quality of life in sub-Saharan Africa. Search The Chronicle's database of more than 38,000 grants.
Search Grant Deadlines
After a string of ineffective grants, a philanthropic arm of the gaming company Activision Blizzard has begun using detailed audits to assess veterans charities.
- Community Foundations’ Assets Climb to Record $66-Billion
- Charities With Annual Funds More Likely to Meet Total Fundraising Goals
- $25-Million Settlement Puts Spotlight on Veterans Charity Fundraising
- Key Elements of New York’s Settlement With Veterans’ Charity and Its Vendors
Ideas & Advice
Practice, consider your audience, and other tips for telling stories that will bring about change.
- Reaching New Audiences Through Storytelling
- Balance Small Wins and Long-Term Goals in Your Storytelling
- Banking on Bitcoin: Nonprofit Success Stories Start to Emerge
- Don't Tell a Boring Story