In the final Storytelling Summer post, two questions on how people tell and consume stories now—and why a strong story transcends medium.
The 2013 Philanthropy 400
America's 400 largest nonprofits increased donations just 4 percent last year and say they expect 2013 to be flat, a Chronicle study finds.
- The Battle for No. 1 Charity Heats Up
- Charities Whose Donations Grew and Dropped the Most in 2012
$122,500 for Fellowships
Among the 10 new grants posted today: $122,500 from the Lilly Endowment to the National Urban Fellows for fellowships in Indianapolis and for recruitment and marketing. Search The Chronicle's database of more than 38,000 grants.
Search Grant Deadlines
As a visiting scholar, he will develop a community-foundations syllabus and serve as guest lecturer.
- Chart: Gifts From Ice-Bucket Challenge Exceed $100-Million
- Everybody's Talking About the Ice-Bucket Challenge
- 3-Day March Aims to Raise $1-Million for Nonprofit-Power Movement
- Videos and Lessons From $16-Million "Ice-Bucket" Fundraising Phenomenon
Ideas & Advice
Lou Gehrig is nearly absent from the buzz around the viral fundraiser, which is exactly how the ALS Association wants it.
- Navigating Privacy and Other Issues for Ethical Storytelling
- Are You Really Telling Stories?
- Cornell Lab Gives Bird Lovers Free Tools— in Exchange for Their Email Addresses
- Contest and Big Giveaway Draw In Possible Donors