The 2013 Philanthropy 400
America's 400 largest nonprofits increased donations just 4 percent last year and say they expect 2013 to be flat, a Chronicle study finds.
- The Battle for No. 1 Charity Heats Up
- Charities Whose Donations Grew and Dropped the Most in 2012
$150,000 for Climate Advocacy
Among the 10 new grants posted today: $150,000 from the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation to CEL Education Fund to gather support for renewable energy and new climate-change policies among Latinos. Search The Chronicle's database of more than 38,000 grants.
Search Grant Deadlines
An annual study finds that donors gave more in 2013 than ever before. Stanford raised $931-million last year, topping all institutions but the University of California...
- Investing in Fundraisers Who Cultivate Big Donors Pays Off, Studies Find
- Donations Rose 4.9% in 2013, Study Finds
- Pay-for-Success Projects Spread to More States
- Group Estimates Philanthropy Rose 13% in 2013, Clashing With 'Giving USA’
Ideas & Advice
Sites that raise lots of small gifts online are bringing in billions for charities, but they have drawbacks. Here’s how they could help nonprofits and donors more.
- A Bestselling Author Helps Historical Groups Raise Money
- Quiz: Figure Out Your Fundraising Personality
- CEO of Moore Foundation Resigns Abruptly
- As Ted Turner’s $1-Billion Pledge Ends, U.N. Fund Builds New Relationships