The 2013 Philanthropy 400
America's 400 largest nonprofits increased donations just 4 percent last year and say they expect 2013 to be flat, a Chronicle study finds.
- The Battle for No. 1 Charity Heats Up
- Charities Whose Donations Grew and Dropped the Most in 2012
$35,000 for Legal Services
Among the 10 new grants posted today: $35,000 from the Silicon Valley Community Foundation to Pangea Legal Services to help low-income immigrants involved in removal proceedings. Search The Chronicle's database of more than 38,000 grants.
Search Grant Deadlines
Most rules for charities are decided in the states, and some commercial crowdfunding sites reject the idea that they are fundraisers.
- Inside a Crowdfunding Site: LoveAnimals.org
- Inside a Crowdfunding Site: Indiegogo
- How Charities Can Avoid Legal and Reputation Risks of Crowdfunding
- United Way Worldwide Now Accepting Bitcoin Donations
Ideas & Advice
The tweet-to-give platform has signed up 150 nonprofits this year, and Clarence Wardell believes it can capture youth activism.
- Colleges Are Inventing New Ways to Attract Recent Graduates to Donate
- Technology, Imagination, and Organizing With Storytelling
- How the Ice-Bucket Challenge Is Helping to Rebrand a Mission
- Navigating Privacy and Other Issues for Ethical Storytelling