The 2013 Philanthropy 400
America's 400 largest nonprofits increased donations just 4 percent last year and say they expect 2013 to be flat, a Chronicle study finds.
- The Battle for No. 1 Charity Heats Up
- Charities Whose Donations Grew and Dropped the Most in 2012
$1-Million to Literacy Groups
Among the 10 new grants posted today: $1-million from the Yelp Foundation to 10 literacy and entrepreneurship nonprofits across the nation. Search The Chronicle's database of more than 38,000 grants.
Search Grant Deadlines
Star power may result in an additional $50,000 from wealthy donors for My Friend’s Place in Hollywood, which serves homeless youths.
- Disaster Response Needs More Cooperation Between Nonprofits, Regulators
- Fundraisers Upbeat About 2014, but Staffs Are Stretched Thin
- North Texas Giving Day Nets $26.3-Million in Online Charity Bazaar
- ‘Curious Chameleons’ Make the Best Major-Gift Officers, New Study Says
Ideas & Advice
Charities have aggressive goals for doing better than last year at promoting donations and volunteerism during the holiday shopping frenzy.
- Lessons in Nonprofit Storytelling From a Live Performance
- Turning Tweets Into Gifts: A Q&A With TinyGive's Co-Founder
- Colleges Are Inventing New Ways to Attract Recent Graduates to Donate
- Technology, Imagination, and Organizing With Storytelling