Bill Gates: In His Own Words
Bill Gates discusses the effort he is leading, along with his wife, Melinda, and their good friend Warren Buffett to persuade America's richest people to sign a public statement committing at least half of their fortunes to charity.
Among the new signers are Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg and her husband, Dave Goldberg, bringing the total to 127 in 12 countries and 26 American states.
- 'Giving Pledge’ Signers Gather for First In-Person Meeting
- 10 Families Add Their Names to Giving Pledge
- 17 More Donors Commit to 'Giving Pledge'
- Founder of Atlantic Philanthropies Signs 'Giving Pledge’
- Billionaires' Giving Pledges Spark Admiration and Speculation
The giving style of the investor Julian H. Robertson Jr., one of the dozens of donors who pledged big shares of their fortunes to charity, demonstrates why persistence and...
- It's Not Enough for Billionaires to Give More
- Gates and Buffett: Why Their Example Matters
- Philanthropy Must Change for the Gates-Buffett Crusade to Matter