America's Top Donors
The Philanthropy 50
How America Gives
The loyalty of people with low and moderate incomes has been sustaining some charities. The United Way of Northern New Jersey has been hurt by a big drop in giving by the...
The Chronicle’s nationwide study, How America Gives, shows the rate of giving declining in most cities and a continued trend of greater generosity in...
- Interactive: Explore How America Gives
Grant making, fueled by foundations’ market gains, likely to see the biggest growth, say researchers.
- Feeney Donates $100-Million to New San Francisco Hospital
- Big Swiss Brokerage Offers to Match Clients' Giving
- $40-Million Lilly Grant Boosts Tech Projects at Purdue U.
- Opinion: In Silicon Valley, Philanthropy or Money Management?
Marcie and Howard Zelikow want to make sure rabbis, cantors, and others learn how to run organizations well.
The commitment by the retail giant’s charitable arm is second only to its anti-hunger campaign.
Ideas & Advice
Problems of student achievement at various levels are often so great that "niche" approaches won’t work, experts say.