America's Top Donors
The Philanthropy 50
How America Gives
The loyalty of people with low and moderate incomes has been sustaining some charities. The United Way of Northern New Jersey has been hurt by a big drop in giving by the...
The Chronicle’s nationwide study, How America Gives, shows the rate of giving declining in most cities and a continued trend of greater generosity in...
- Interactive: Explore How America Gives
Fueled by social media and online-giving campaigns, donations more than doubled over the amount raised in 2012, when the event began.
- 5 Hot Causes for Donors in 2015
- Mobile Donations a Low Priority at Many Nonprofits, Survey Suggests
- Local Governments and Nonprofits Test Crowdfunding for Civic Projects
- Biggest Gifts of Year Topped by New $1-Billion Foundation
Marcie and Howard Zelikow want to make sure rabbis, cantors, and others learn how to run organizations well.
A new breed of CEOs, including Patricia Harris of Bloomberg Philanthropies, is reshaping philanthropy, and employees exert new pressures on corporate giving as well....
Ideas & Advice
Problems of student achievement at various levels are often so great that "niche" approaches won’t work, experts say.