The Facebook co-founder and The New Republic publisher shares his thoughts on the importance of data, giving directly to people in need, and how nonprofits can do better.
America's Top Donors
The Philanthropy 50
How America Gives
The loyalty of people with low and moderate incomes has been sustaining some charities. The United Way of Northern New Jersey has been hurt by a big drop in giving by the...
The Chronicle’s nationwide study, How America Gives, shows the rate of giving declining in most cities and a continued trend of greater generosity in...
- Interactive: Explore How America Gives
More trustees give to the organizations they serve, according to a BoardSource study, but only 43 percent are comfortable asking others to donate.
- Donors Care More About How Money Is Spent Than Results, Study Says
- Giving to Fidelity Charitable Soars by More Than 50% in 9 Months
- Paul Allen Commits $100-Million to Fighting Ebola
- Just 1 in 5 Wealthy People Think Their Gifts Make a Difference, Study Finds
The ALS Foundation is on an urgent quest to hang on to the new donors who gave because of the ice-bucket challenge.
The Chronicle speaks with two top NFL Foundation officials as the league determines its philanthropic response to an issue much in the news for some of its players.
Ideas & Advice
A new crop of social scientists wants to isolate the causes and consequences of giving. Will the nonprofit world benefit?