America's Top Donors
The Philanthropy 50
How America Gives
The loyalty of people with low and moderate incomes has been sustaining some charities. The United Way of Northern New Jersey has been hurt by a big drop in giving by the...
The Chronicle’s nationwide study, How America Gives, shows the rate of giving declining in most cities and a continued trend of greater generosity in...
- Interactive: Explore How America Gives
Hairy holiday campaign is designed to raise awareness of skin cancer in a country where many people are at risk.
- Two-Thirds of Americans Plan to Maintain Steady Giving by Year’s End
- Report Slamming Savers LLC Prompts Pivot in Handling of Donated Goods
- ‘Disaster Lifecycle’ Needs More Attention From Grant Makers, Study Says
- Microsoft Co-Founder Pledges $100-Million for Cell Research
The ALS Foundation is on an urgent quest to hang on to the new donors who gave because of the ice-bucket challenge.
Advocates now face a bigger job than they did two years ago helping "dreamers" achieve temporary legal status.
Ideas & Advice
Problems of student achievement at various levels are often so great that "niche" approaches won’t work, experts say.