America's Top Donors
The Philanthropy 50
How America Gives
The loyalty of people with low and moderate incomes has been sustaining some charities. The United Way of Northern New Jersey has been hurt by a big drop in giving by the...
The Chronicle’s nationwide study, How America Gives, shows the rate of giving declining in most cities and a continued trend of greater generosity in...
- Interactive: Explore How America Gives
Grants from Fidelity account holders have grown by 27 percent from January to September, signaling what could be healthy year-end giving.
- Paul Allen Commits $100-Million to Fighting Ebola
- Just 1 in 5 Wealthy People Think Their Gifts Make a Difference, Study Finds
- Social Innovation Fund Leader to Head Obama's 'My Brother's Keeper' Effort
- Wealthy Households Plan to Give More Over the Next 5 Years, Study Finds
The ALS Foundation is on an urgent quest to hang on to the new donors who gave because of the ice-bucket challenge.
The Chronicle speaks with two top NFL Foundation officials as the league determines its philanthropic response to an issue much in the news for some of its players.
Ideas & Advice
A new crop of social scientists wants to isolate the causes and consequences of giving. Will the nonprofit world benefit?