America's Top Donors
The Philanthropy 50
How America Gives
The loyalty of people with low and moderate incomes has been sustaining some charities. The United Way of Northern New Jersey has been hurt by a big drop in giving by the...
The Chronicle’s nationwide study, How America Gives, shows the rate of giving declining in most cities and a continued trend of greater generosity in...
- Interactive: Explore How America Gives
The Fund for Shared Insight has awarded $5.26-million to "accelerate the culture of listening" at charities.
- After a Scandal, Pearson Dissolves Foundation
- United States Ranks 9th in the World in Giving to Charity
- CrowdRise Builds Virtual Tower to Promote Giving Tuesday
- Studies Detail How Operating Costs and Grim Statistics Affect Donor Behavior
The ALS Foundation is on an urgent quest to hang on to the new donors who gave because of the ice-bucket challenge.
A new study finds foundations are also resuming multiyear grants after cutting back in hard economic times.
Ideas & Advice
A new crop of social scientists wants to isolate the causes and consequences of giving. Will the nonprofit world benefit?