Donors in Kansas City and elsewhere are happily contributing to campaigns to raise money for bike-share programs, but will they pay for more essential needs?
Stiff competition from exotic events like the "Tough Mudder" obstacle race appears to be draining revenue from many of the biggest names in traditional athletic fundraising.
Face of Philanthropy
The Campaign for Female Education serves 100,000 children annually.
$10-Million for Community Clinic
Among the 10 new grants posted today: $10-million from St. David’s Foundation to People's Community Clinic to relocate its clinic to a new headquarters. Search The Chronicle's database of more than 38,000 grants.
While some organizations worry that “clicktivism” bypasses nonprofits, the smart ones are figuring out how to give everyone a voice.
The commitment by the retail giant’s charitable arm is second only to its anti-hunger campaign.
Independent Sector released a set of 33 principles as part of its ongoing effort to fend off tighter government regulation of nonprofits.
The organization is known for its freewheeling parties in the desert, so nobody would have expected its reporting to be a model for all nonprofits.
- House Bill Would Ban Gift Tax on Donations to Nonprofits
- Philadelphia Churches Blast Mandate to Document Tax-Exempt Status
- S.F. Catholic Leader Moves to Include Teachers in 'Ministry'
- Ex-Head of Mass. College Drops $1.6-Million Suit Over Ouster
- Sarah Lawrence Gets $15-Million Gift From Barbara Walters
- China's Communist Leaders Tighten Grip on Activist Groups
In Our New Issue
Twelve of America’s most generous donors, including Jan Koum, the 38-year-old founder of the messaging company WhatsApp, are in Silicon Valley and beyond, and many are...