Donors in Kansas City and elsewhere are happily contributing to campaigns to raise money for bike-share programs, but will they pay for more essential needs?
Stiff competition from exotic events like the "Tough Mudder" obstacle race appears to be draining revenue from many of the biggest names in traditional athletic fundraising.
The organization is known for its freewheeling parties in the desert, so nobody would have expected its reporting to be a model for all nonprofits.
New on the Job
Rhea Suh, a former top government official and grant maker, becomes the first Asian-American to head the Natural Resources Defense Council.
$7-Million for Veterans
Among the 10 new grants posted today: $7-million from First Data Corporation to the Institute for Veterans and Military Families at Syracuse University for education, research, training, and job opportunities for veterans pursuing business careers. Search The Chronicle's database of more than 38,000 grants.
The commitment by the retail giant’s charitable arm is second only to its anti-hunger campaign.
Independent Sector released a set of 33 principles as part of its ongoing effort to fend off tighter government regulation of nonprofits.
Grant making, fueled by foundations’ market gains, likely to see the biggest growth, say researchers.
Money from the pledge will go toward a new research institute and for grants to study the disease and to attract scientists from other fields to work with AIDS researchers.
- Chapman U. Settles Suit Alleging Exploitation of Older Donor
- Mass. College Raises Hackles With Sale of Donated Rare Books
- 2010 Algeria Gift Breached Clinton Foundation Ethics Pact
- Nonprofit Calif. Hospital Chain Sues Union That Opposed Sale
- Poll Hints Obama Foundation Favors U. of Chicago Library Bid
- Political-Nonprofit Link Puts Heat on L.A. Council Hopeful
- Longtime Head of Vietnam Memorial Fund Stepping Down
In Our New Issue
Twelve of America’s most generous donors, including Jan Koum, the 38-year-old founder of the messaging company WhatsApp, are in Silicon Valley and beyond, and many are...