2014 Continuing-Education Guide
Employers say they are often more concerned with direct fundraising skills, like the ability to build ties with big donors.
The Charitable Deduction
A look at economic research shows that tax incentives do play an important role in giving decisions.
Against the GrainView more >>
Leaders gained a median 2.2-percent increase in pay in 2012, according to a GuideStar analysis of compensation at 91,000 organizations.
- Trustees' Pay Is Challenged After 2 Give Themselves 1,000% Raises Over 9 Years
- Some Former CEOs Still Have Lucrative Deals at Nonprofits
- Cirque du Soleil Marketing Executive Brings Expertise to Nature Conservancy
- New Tool Puts Dollar Value on Social Projects
Our survey reveals salaries and benefits of more than 400 people who lead charities that raise more than $25-million a year from private sources.
- Conference to Debate Whether Current Charity Rules Promote the Public Good
- Michelle Nunn’s Senate Run Puts Nonprofit Leadership in the Spotlight
- Government Liaison Offices Need Community Support to Resist Electoral Winds
- Government Liaisons Help Nonprofits Get Attention They Need
Ideas & Advice
Competitions are now popular to stimulate innovative answers to vexing social and technological problems, a report finds.
- Institute Overhauls Accreditation Process for Nonprofit Accountability
- Female Nonprofit Activists Learn to Influence Legislation Firsthand
- Y Seeks Revenue by Helping Americans Prevent Diabetes
- YMCA Sheds 'Gym’ Image to Focus More on Youths and Health