Guide to Managing Nonprofits
New nonprofit leaders should cast a wide net instead of relying on a single ally in the organization.
Survey results will offer insight from experts on tools and trends that can help organizations increase their social impact.
Bridgespan interviewed more than two dozen nonprofit leaders and other experts to identify which tools were among the most important to nonprofits.
The Charitable Deduction
A look at economic research shows that tax incentives do play an important role in giving decisions.
Against the GrainView more >>
Money and MissionView more >>
The change reflects the growing national interest in efforts like the Obama administration’s My Brother’s Keeper.
- What’s Next for Nonprofits This Year
- Head of David Rockefeller Fund Aims to Help Small, Overlooked Nonprofits
- Advocates Poised for Capitol Hill Battle on Donor-Advised Funds
- Colt Revolver Among Gifts Not Accounted for by West Point Museum, Report Says
The president's proposal would encourage gifts to charities.
- Nonprofits Find Much to Like in Obama Tax Plan
- Key Court Victory Closer for IRS Open-Records Activist
- Sen. Grassley Asks Red Cross to Explain Its Finances
- Nonprofits Hold Out Hope for Tax Bill Despite Setbacks
Ideas & Advice
Chronicle editors selected nine stories from 2014 that will help you sort through fads, test new ideas, and find success in unexpected places.
- Strength in Storytelling
- Government, Foundations Turn to Cash Prizes to Generate Solutions
- Institute Overhauls Accreditation Process for Nonprofit Accountability
- Female Nonprofit Activists Learn to Influence Legislation Firsthand