2014 Continuing-Education Guide
Employers say they are often more concerned with direct fundraising skills, like the ability to build ties with big donors.
The Charitable Deduction
A look at economic research shows that tax incentives do play an important role in giving decisions.
Against the GrainView more >>
Concerns about cheating and the capacity of nonprofits to handle complicated projects are not getting enough attention, some say.
- Supreme Court Decisions Will Spur Activism, Says New Leader of Ms. Foundation
- Catholic Charities Leader to Step Down
- Somaly Mam Foundation Must Do More Than Rebrand
- Nonprofits Watch Nervously as Watchdog Groups Multiply and Demand More
The legislation would make permanent three tax items that have been regularly extended on an annual basis, as well as lower the excise tax on private foundations.
- House to Vote on Bill to Encourage Charitable Giving
- Activist Challenges IRS Over Release of Social-Security Numbers on Tax Forms
- IRS Releases EZ Application for Charity Status
- Judge Rejects IRS Effort to Dismiss Open-Records Case
Ideas & Advice
Competitions are now popular to stimulate innovative answers to vexing social and technological problems, a report finds.
- Institute Overhauls Accreditation Process for Nonprofit Accountability
- Female Nonprofit Activists Learn to Influence Legislation Firsthand
- Y Seeks Revenue by Helping Americans Prevent Diabetes
- YMCA Sheds 'Gym’ Image to Focus More on Youths and Health