2014 Continuing-Education Guide
Employers say they are often more concerned with direct fundraising skills, like the ability to build ties with big donors.
The Charitable Deduction
A look at economic research shows that tax incentives do play an important role in giving decisions.
Against the GrainView more >>
Organizations can modify open-source calculator to suit their own focus.
- Human-Resource Departments Gain Power at Half of Nonprofits
- Catholic Charities President Leaves Legacy of Antipoverty Advocacy
- Public Allies Names Antipoverty Activist as New CEO
- With a Few Pay-for-Success Plans Under Way, the Idea Is Gaining Currency and Criticism
Philanthropic leaders, scholars, and others want to pave the way for an update on rules that govern giving and nonprofits.
- Michelle Nunn’s Senate Run Puts Nonprofit Leadership in the Spotlight
- Government Liaison Offices Need Community Support to Resist Electoral Winds
- Government Liaisons Help Nonprofits Get Attention They Need
- House Passes Bill Designed to Encourage Gifts to Charity
Ideas & Advice
Competitions are now popular to stimulate innovative answers to vexing social and technological problems, a report finds.
- Institute Overhauls Accreditation Process for Nonprofit Accountability
- Female Nonprofit Activists Learn to Influence Legislation Firsthand
- Y Seeks Revenue by Helping Americans Prevent Diabetes
- YMCA Sheds 'Gym’ Image to Focus More on Youths and Health