A small "ragtag" team with no budget built an impressive audience on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and Tumblr in just five years.
Guide to Managing Nonprofits
New nonprofit leaders should cast a wide net instead of relying on a single ally in the organization.
Survey results will offer insight from experts on tools and trends that can help organizations increase their social impact.
Bridgespan interviewed more than two dozen nonprofit leaders and other experts to identify which tools were among the most important to nonprofits.
The Charitable Deduction
A look at economic research shows that tax incentives do play an important role in giving decisions.
Against the GrainView more >>
Ninety percent of top executives said their organization offered development opportunities, while just 52 percent of leadership team members said such opportunities existed.
- ‘New York’ Profiles Pierre Omidyar’s Giving; ‘People’ Spotlights Ford Foundation’s President
- A Charity Leader Believes Tech Holds the Key to College for Needy Students
- Alec Baldwin Pulls Out of Independent Sector’s Conference
- Number and Assets of Charities Are Growing Rapidly, Study Says
A new study outlines benefits of having private investors fund social programs, with financial incentives for exceeding goals.
- GOP’s Senate Wins Boost Prospects of Nonprofit Tax Changes
- Government Expands Official Outreach to Businesses and Nonprofits, Study Says
- Somaly Mam Foundation Shutters Operations
- Conference to Debate Whether Current Charity Rules Promote the Public Good
Ideas & Advice
A renewed focus on an age-old method of motivating people to take action yields impressive results, and some big names are taking notice.
- Government, Foundations Turn to Cash Prizes to Generate Solutions
- Institute Overhauls Accreditation Process for Nonprofit Accountability
- Female Nonprofit Activists Learn to Influence Legislation Firsthand
- Y Seeks Revenue by Helping Americans Prevent Diabetes