A Chronicle study of 313 organizations found that leaders of the wealthiest charities and foundations fared less well than they did in last year's survey, when their pay rose by nearly 4 percent. Read the full report.
- Search the Database
- Interactive: Executives Who Made More Than $1-million
The Charitable Deduction
A look at economic research shows that tax incentives do play an important role in giving decisions.
Against the GrainView more >>
David Skorton's role in raising $5-billion for the university is one big reason he was chosen.
- N.Y. and D.C. Nonprofits Plan New Hiring and Raises
- 'Fast Company’: How DonorsChoose Uses Data to Push for Change
- Harlem Children’s Zone Prepares for Life After a High-Profile Leader
- A Charity Leader Seeks to Give Homeless People a Voice Online
These agencies at middle age are working to reinvent themselves to adapt to the modern nonprofit world, with its demands for more accountability and looming retirements of...
- Community-Action Groups Survive Political Storms
- Obama Budget Would Support Anti-Poverty Efforts and Early-Childhood Education
- White House and Congressional Budget Plans Battle It Out Over Charitable Deduction
- Nonprofits and Taxes: Key Proposals
Ideas & Advice
Big data are changing the way charities make decisions about programs, solicit contributions, and push for social change.
- Contest Offers Charities Chance to Test Solutions to Social Problems
- Nonprofits Have Adapted Meticulous Scientific Methods to Collect the Best Data
- How Three Groups Use Data
- Charities Benefit From Ad Agencies' 24-Hour Creativity Marathons