Guide to Managing Nonprofits
New nonprofit leaders should cast a wide net instead of relying on a single ally in the organization.
Survey results will offer insight from experts on tools and trends that can help organizations increase their social impact.
Bridgespan interviewed more than two dozen nonprofit leaders and other experts to identify which tools were among the most important to nonprofits.
The Charitable Deduction
A look at economic research shows that tax incentives do play an important role in giving decisions.
Against the GrainView more >>
About 963,000 charities existed in 2012, far more than the 743,000 operating in 2002. And during that time, their assets grew 43 percent, to $3-trillion.
- New Data: Nonprofit Employment Defied Recession
- ‘Fortune’ Explores Thiel Foundation’s Support for Nonprofit and For-Profit Start-Ups
- Leader Who Helped Livestrong Weather Scandal Prepares to Move On
- Nonprofit CEO Pay Raises Are Still Below Pre-Recession Levels
These arrangements sometimes produce growing pains, including a deep cultural divide and frustrations dealing with bureaucracies.
- Somaly Mam Foundation Shutters Operations
- Conference to Debate Whether Current Charity Rules Promote the Public Good
- Michelle Nunn’s Senate Run Puts Nonprofit Leadership in the Spotlight
- Government Liaison Offices Need Community Support to Resist Electoral Winds
Ideas & Advice
Competitions are now popular to stimulate innovative answers to vexing social and technological problems, a report finds.
- Institute Overhauls Accreditation Process for Nonprofit Accountability
- Female Nonprofit Activists Learn to Influence Legislation Firsthand
- Y Seeks Revenue by Helping Americans Prevent Diabetes
- YMCA Sheds 'Gym’ Image to Focus More on Youths and Health