Nonprofits are responding better to people’s needs by stepping up communication with those they serve, like Habitat for Humanity, which is getting residents more involved in neighborhood revitalization.
Guide to Managing Nonprofits
New nonprofit leaders should cast a wide net instead of relying on a single ally in the organization.
Survey results will offer insight from experts on tools and trends that can help organizations increase their social impact.
Bridgespan interviewed more than two dozen nonprofit leaders and other experts to identify which tools were among the most important to nonprofits.
The Charitable Deduction
A look at economic research shows that tax incentives do play an important role in giving decisions.
Against the GrainView more >>
Money and MissionView more >>
Independent Sector released a set of 33 principles as part of its ongoing effort to fend off tighter government regulation of nonprofits.
- Nonprofit Calif. College Adopts 'Benefit Corporation' Model
- Green Group Helps Citibank on $100-Billion Climate Effort
- Koch-Backed Nonprofit Wins Stay on Revealing Contributors
- Pa. Senate Backs Measure to Let Legislators Define Charities
The legislation would affect gifts to food banks and land conservation as well as money moved directly from retirement accounts to charity.
- Nonprofits and Government Agencies React to Obama's Proposed Budget
- Court Orders IRS to Release Computer-Readable Charity Tax Forms
- Obama Emphasizes Tax Plan in State of the Union Speech
- Nonprofits Find Much to Like in Obama Tax Plan
Ideas & Advice
Chronicle editors selected nine stories from 2014 that will help you sort through fads, test new ideas, and find success in unexpected places.
- Strength in Storytelling
- Government, Foundations Turn to Cash Prizes to Generate Solutions
- Institute Overhauls Accreditation Process for Nonprofit Accountability
- Female Nonprofit Activists Learn to Influence Legislation Firsthand