New on the Job
Judy Belk, who will take over the California Wellness Foundation, previously headed giving at Levi Strauss and now serves as an adviser to the wealthy.
- A Nonprofit Trendsetter Will Lead Grant Maker Tides
- White House Operative Takes Policy Expertise to Broad Foundation
Ellen Miller, who started three groups that focus on government transparency, has been a role model and a mentor. She is retiring at year's end.
- AmeriCares Leader Expanded Health Care at Home and Overseas
- Don’t Stay Too Long on the Job, Says Veteran Charity CEO
She was a founder of the National Council of Nonprofits and the Alliance for Nonprofit Management, two organizations that serve charities throughout the country.
- Legacies: Rushworth Kidder, Founder of Institute for Global Ethics
- Legacies: Joseph E. Robert Jr., Champion of Needy Children