8 Tips for Raising Money on Social Networks
Spread social-media work around the office and don't beg: advice from the experts on smart tactics for charities.
Social Media Survey
Only one big nonprofit has raised more than $1-million through social networks, a Chronicle survey finds, but dozens are experimenting with ways to seek donations.
- Disease Charity Motivates Supporters on Facebook
- Social-Media Campaign Honors Mothers—and Draws Aid for Female Activists
- Nature Conservancy Emphasizes Relationships, Online and Off
- A Celebrity’s Boost on Twitter Aids Atlanta Hospital
- Online Board Game and Other Features Aid March of Dimes on Facebook
- A Massage Chain Rewards Social-Network Activity
- Pet Contest Raises Big Money on Facebook
- A Contest Raises a Charity’s Profile
- Aid Group Raises Money With Online-Game Tie-In
Everyone who works at nonprofits needs to be involved in social-network outreach, says a nonprofit consultant.
As public discussion about the crisis swells on social media, nonprofits are using it as a chance to draw more attention to efforts to curb violence against women.
The Nature Conservancy won the “Best Charity” title at the Shorty Awards, which honor outstanding efforts on Twitter and other social networks.
- Craigslist Founder and Philanthropist Shares Social-Media Strategies
- LinkedIn Lists Opportunities for Skilled Volunteers
- How to Pick the Best Outlets for Reaching a Charity’s Goals
- Using Short Social-Media Videos to Spread Your Message
- Social Media Innovation: See the Winners of Our Six-Second Appeal Competition
- Causes Starts Social Network Focused on Charitable Passions
Social PhilanthropyView more >>
Social Good: A Chronicle Podcast About Social Media
As demand for online privacy grows, author Doc Searls says nonprofits have a lot to gain by making it easy for donors to give through a standard, simple tool instead of their...
Read the transcript of a live discussion about the best ways to use social media to strengthen ties with people in their 20s and early 30s.