8 Tips for Raising Money on Social Networks
Spread social-media work around the office and don't beg: advice from the experts on smart tactics for charities.
Social Media Survey
Only one big nonprofit has raised more than $1-million through social networks, a Chronicle survey finds, but dozens are experimenting with ways to seek donations.
- Disease Charity Motivates Supporters on Facebook
- Social-Media Campaign Honors Mothers—and Draws Aid for Female Activists
- Nature Conservancy Emphasizes Relationships, Online and Off
- A Celebrity’s Boost on Twitter Aids Atlanta Hospital
- Online Board Game and Other Features Aid March of Dimes on Facebook
- A Massage Chain Rewards Social-Network Activity
- Pet Contest Raises Big Money on Facebook
- A Contest Raises a Charity’s Profile
- Aid Group Raises Money With Online-Game Tie-In
Everyone who works at nonprofits needs to be involved in social-network outreach, says a nonprofit consultant.
The social network has created a new Volunteer Marketplace, which features service opportunities offered by BoardSource, Taproot Foundation, VolunteerMatch, and other...
Twitter reaches influencers and minorities, while Pinterest is best for attracting women and Facebook is great for reaching baby boomers, experts say.
- Using Short Social-Media Videos to Spread Your Message
- Social Media Innovation: See the Winners of Our Six-Second Appeal Competition
- Causes Starts Social Network Focused on Charitable Passions
- Video: Young Donors Discuss How Nonprofits Use Social Media
- After Gay-Marriage Ruling, Charities Take to Social Media
- How Fundraisers Can Get More Out of LinkedIn
Social PhilanthropyView more >>
Social Good: A Chronicle Podcast About Social Media
A digital-marketing expert details how Facebook's increased focus on pleasing shareholders should influence a charity's social-networking strategies.
Read the transcript of a live discussion about the best ways to use social media to strengthen ties with people in their 20s and early 30s.