8 Tips for Raising Money on Social Networks
Spread social-media work around the office and don't beg: advice from the experts on smart tactics for charities.
Social Media Survey
Only one big nonprofit has raised more than $1-million through social networks, a Chronicle survey finds, but dozens are experimenting with ways to seek donations.
- Disease Charity Motivates Supporters on Facebook
- Social-Media Campaign Honors Mothers—and Draws Aid for Female Activists
- Nature Conservancy Emphasizes Relationships, Online and Off
- A Celebrity’s Boost on Twitter Aids Atlanta Hospital
- Online Board Game and Other Features Aid March of Dimes on Facebook
- A Massage Chain Rewards Social-Network Activity
- Pet Contest Raises Big Money on Facebook
- A Contest Raises a Charity’s Profile
- Aid Group Raises Money With Online-Game Tie-In
Everyone who works at nonprofits needs to be involved in social-network outreach, says a nonprofit consultant.
Two experts share their tips for using apps like Vine and Instagram to tell stories about charitable causes.
See who won The Chronicle's contest of nonprofit videos created with the Vine app.
- Causes Starts Social Network Focused on Charitable Passions
- Video: Young Donors Discuss How Nonprofits Use Social Media
- After Gay-Marriage Ruling, Charities Take to Social Media
- How Fundraisers Can Get More Out of LinkedIn
- Planned Parenthood’s Social-Media Magic
- Social-Media Success for Non-Sexy Causes
Social PhilanthropyView more >>
Social Good: A Chronicle Podcast About Social Media
New approaches make it easy to seek donations on smartphones and tablets without spending a lot of money.
Read the transcript of a live discussion about the best ways to use social media to strengthen ties with people in their 20s and early 30s.