As President Obama seeks to reduce the value of the charitable deduction for wealthy Americans, fund raisers and other nonprofit experts are divided over whether his idea...
- Curbing Charity Abuses
- Changes in Federal Disclosure Policy: What They Mean for Charities
Ms. Lerner, who oversees monitoring of tax-exempt groups, has been accused of hiding news from Congress about efforts to single out conservative groups for scrutiny.
Applications and approvals for advocacy groups and charities hadn't yet started to rise when the Internal Revenue Service began giving extra scrutiny to certain groups.
- IRS Official Takes Tough Questions at Contentious Hearing
- Inside the IRS Tea Party Scandal
- Groups Could Have Sued IRS Over Delays
- ProPublica Launches Online Tool to Search Nonprofit Tax Forms
- 34 Colleges Underpaid Federal Taxes by $90-Million, IRS Says
- White House Seeks to Force Charities to File Tax Forms Electronically