As President Obama seeks to reduce the value of the charitable deduction for wealthy Americans, fund raisers and other nonprofit experts are divided over whether his idea...
- Curbing Charity Abuses
- Changes in Federal Disclosure Policy: What They Mean for Charities
Allowing people to make tax-deductible gifts until April 15 would boost cash for charities, supporters say, but opponents fear a shift in focus away from the holidays.
The legislation would boost the tax benefits of giving IRA funds to charity and let people claim charitable deductions on their previous year's taxes until April 15.
- Activist Challenges IRS Over Release of Social-Security Numbers on Tax Forms
- IRS Releases EZ Application for Charity Status
- Judge Rejects IRS Effort to Dismiss Open-Records Case
- IRS Open-Records Lawsuit Likely to Proceed, Judge Says
- Open Records Activist Shuts Down Nonprofit Data Website in Protest
- Lawsuit Would Force IRS to Release Nonprofit Tax Forms Digitally