As President Obama seeks to reduce the value of the charitable deduction for wealthy Americans, fund raisers and other nonprofit experts are divided over whether his idea...
- Curbing Charity Abuses
- Changes in Federal Disclosure Policy: What They Mean for Charities
His plan would also use federal money to revive poor urban and rural areas, but it would slash funds to Community Services Block Grants and other programs.
The House plan goes further in seeking to draw tax revenue from nonprofits and sends a strong message about how lawmakers want nonprofit groups to spend money.
- Nonprofits and Taxes: Key Proposals
- House Tax Plan Would Penalize Nonprofits That Pay High Salaries
- House Tax Plan Would Limit Charitable Deduction
- Charitable Deduction Probably Safe for 2014, Say Experts
- IRS Offers Fast-Track for Advocacy Groups Awaiting Tax Exemptions
- Fixing the IRS: Avoiding Political Bias Is Paramount