As President Obama seeks to reduce the value of the charitable deduction for wealthy Americans, fund raisers and other nonprofit experts are divided over whether his idea...
- Curbing Charity Abuses
- Changes in Federal Disclosure Policy: What They Mean for Charities
The plan would levy a surtax on nonprofits that pay employees $1-million-plus and would require that gifts to donor-advised funds be deployed to charities within five years.
Nonprofit advocates slammed the plan, which would allow people to deduct only the amount above 2 percent of income that they give to charity.
- Charitable Deduction Probably Safe for 2014, Say Experts
- IRS Offers Fast-Track for Advocacy Groups Awaiting Tax Exemptions
- Fixing the IRS: Avoiding Political Bias Is Paramount
- Fixing the IRS: Provide More Money for Enforcement
- Fixing the IRS: Improve the Application Process
- Fixing the IRS: Clarify the Rules on Political Involvement