As President Obama seeks to reduce the value of the charitable deduction for wealthy Americans, fund raisers and other nonprofit experts are divided over whether his idea...
- Curbing Charity Abuses
- Changes in Federal Disclosure Policy: What They Mean for Charities
A proposed increase in the estate tax that exempts charitable gifts could spur more giving in the form of bequests and charitable trusts.
Allowing people to make tax-deductible gifts until April 15 would boost cash for charities, supporters say, but opponents fear a shift in focus away from the holidays.
- House to Vote on Bill to Encourage Charitable Giving
- Activist Challenges IRS Over Release of Social-Security Numbers on Tax Forms
- IRS Releases EZ Application for Charity Status
- Judge Rejects IRS Effort to Dismiss Open-Records Case
- IRS Open-Records Lawsuit Likely to Proceed, Judge Says
- Open Records Activist Shuts Down Nonprofit Data Website in Protest