As President Obama seeks to reduce the value of the charitable deduction for wealthy Americans, fund raisers and other nonprofit experts are divided over whether his idea...
- Curbing Charity Abuses
- Changes in Federal Disclosure Policy: What They Mean for Charities
The legislation would boost the tax benefits of giving IRA funds to charity and let people claim charitable deductions on their previous year's taxes until April 15.
Carl Malamud says the tax agency’s failure to remove the personal data from 9,000 Forms 990 that he bought from the IRS is a violation of federal privacy laws.
- IRS Releases EZ Application for Charity Status
- Judge Rejects IRS Effort to Dismiss Open-Records Case
- IRS Open-Records Lawsuit Likely to Proceed, Judge Says
- Open Records Activist Shuts Down Nonprofit Data Website in Protest
- Lawsuit Would Force IRS to Release Nonprofit Tax Forms Digitally
- Public Access to Nonprofit Finances: a Timeline