As President Obama seeks to reduce the value of the charitable deduction for wealthy Americans, fund raisers and other nonprofit experts are divided over whether his idea...
- Curbing Charity Abuses
- Changes in Federal Disclosure Policy: What They Mean for Charities
Organizations that have waited more than 120 days can be approved quickly if they pledge not to spend more than 40 percent of their work on political activities.
Over four days this week, experts have been weighing in on how the agency can remedy its system for granting nonprofit status. Today: ideas for ensuring objectivity and a...
- Fixing the IRS: Provide More Money for Enforcement
- Fixing the IRS: Improve the Application Process
- Fixing the IRS: Clarify the Rules on Political Involvement
- Lois Lerner, a Top IRS Official, to Plead Fifth-Amendment Right
- How Many Groups Applied for Nonprofit Status, 2009 to 2012
- IRS Official Takes Tough Questions at Contentious Hearing