The Mobile Nonprofit: Strategies for Smartphones and Tablets
- Duration: 60 minutes
As more and more people use smart phones or tablets, experts say it’s likely that within the next year these will be the primary devices your supporters use to view your Web site.
While many nonprofits still do not provide mobile-friendly Web pages, e-mails, or online donation forms, a few organizations are now raising more money from supporters on the go. Join The Chronicle of Philanthropy for a Webinar that will help you better understand the mobile Web and make wise decisions about how to invest your limited time and money in a mobile strategy.
Lara Koch, one of the nation’s first full-time nonprofit mobile specialists, will describe how her organization created a mobile-optimized Web site and has seen traffic grow by more than 370 percent in the past two years.
John Overy of World Vision will share how his group developed text campaigns, a mobile gift catalog and iPhone and iPad apps – plus a mobile-optimized Web site that has led to a sharp increase in donations from mobile devices.
What Will You Learn?
- How to develop a cost-effective, mobile-friendly online presence.
- How to avoid mistakes and overcome hurdles during the development of your mobile strategy.
- How to demonstrate the need for mobile investment to leadership.
Who Should Attend?
- Communications directors and staff
- Social media managers
- Online marketing managers
- Chief Development Officers and fundraisers
- Executive Directors