The Social Nonprofit: Smart Ways to Use Google+ and Vine
- Duration: 60 minutes
As new social networks like Google+ and Vine become more popular, many nonprofits are scrambling to figure out how to use them to spread the word about their causes.
Join The Chronicle of Philanthropy to learn how these emerging networks can help you connect with new donors and supporters. We’ll share case studies from nonprofits that have added these networks to their fundraising and social-media strategies and help you identify when and how to invest time in these networks.
You’ll hear from the social-media manager at Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation, who uses Vine to connect with the group’s young supporters and has attracted close to 40,000 followers on Google+. As the sole person responsible for the group’s social-media outreach, she’ll share how she successfully manages numerous social networks and has helped increase the number of donors who support the organization.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn how, with little investment, Vine can help you share your mission with new supporters, build your digital brand, and inspire people to take action. You’ll also explore how Google+ can help people find your organization faster online, help you reach new audiences, and provide engaging ways to bring people together through live video.
What Will You Learn?
- How to use Vine to get supporters more involved with your cause and raise your organization’s profile, especially among young people.
- How to maximize your nonprofit’s ranking in Google’s search results by making your presence on Google+ more robust.
- How to use the Google+ Hangout feature to connect distant supporters and staff members in engaging and productive ways.
Who Should Attend?
- Social-media and online marketing managers
- Marketing and communications professionals
- Development directors and fundraisers